Saturday, August 02, 2008

Ok. I'm looking for opinions. So speak up!

So. I've been playing around with a new plug-in I got for my photo editing software. It does all sorts of cool stuff. I took this photo and did my normal regular edits. Then I went beyond. I was going for a kind of surreal look. Do you think this would fly with clients? If you got image number 2 in your proofs would you go, "Huh, wha the?"

Normal Edit

New Edit


I love going outside the box but I'm wondering if my clients would think I've gone off the deep end.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

I think it depends on your client.
The detail in the sky, the more saturated colors, and the more pronounced 'halo' around the subjects really add an artistic flair that I really enjoy. But I imagine that others would prefer the first.

Regardless of the post-processing, it's a great shot.

Katie Eaton Photography said...

I really like the second one ... it captures your subjects in a very artistic way. I love the halo and the color of the sky.

tgal said...

You know I am always game for something different. If I don't like it, I am honest. I do like what you have done here! I was going to ask you about a few different alterations that I've seen on other photographer's websites, but I wasn't sure how you would feel about it. Now that I see you are asking, I'll forward you the links. I love the natural photos, but I also appreciate the cool things that can be done with them! I have the link on my other computer, so I will email it to you later.
Tara

Nina said...

well if I wanted a picture of a cool background I'd go for #2 if I want to focus on my children (which is what I would want) I'd go for #1, #2 seems to take away from them...so if I had this hanging in my house people would be all "wow cool background and oh yeah the kids look nice too" NOT what I'm going for in a portrait of my kids (well I only have one but you get my point, right?)